HO KIN KONG
ASDK, ADK, JP.
Ho Kin Kong is prime mover of the Firm. He is a past President of the Sabah Law Association, an honorary legal adviser to many non-governmental organizations amongst others, Sabah Kidney Society, the Holy Family Resident for Senior Citizens, Persatuan Masyarakat Tai Poo Sabah, United Sabah and Federal Territory of Labuan Hakka Association. He has been in active law practice for over 30 years.
His broad practice includes building and construction’, banking & finance, contract disputes, international & domestic arbitration, adjudication, carriage by air, conveyancing, defamation, debt recovery, insolvency, professional negligence and general and civil litigation.
Ho has appeared in high profile and complex cases before all levels of the Malaysian Court System. Ho also appears as counsel in arbitration proceedings locally and in Singapore.
Ho sits as an arbitrator in arbitration proceedings and an adjudicator in adjudication proceedings. Ho is a panel adjudicator and arbitrator with the Kuala Lumpur Regional Center for Arbitration.
Ho is fluent with Mandarin, Hakka, Cantonese, Malay and English.
Some of Ho’s cases that are reported include:-
- Sim Kon Sang Peter v Datin Shim Tok Keng  4 CLJ 198, High Court.
- Datuk Yong Teck Lee & others Vs Public Prosecutor  2 MLJ 68, Court of Appeal, Malaysia.
- Eastern Century Sdn Bhd Vs Hj Asakil Bin Manung & Anor  MLJ 533, High Court.
- Tan Cheng Kiat v Wamaju Holding Sdn Bhd & Ors  1 LNS 156, High Court.
- Re Yong Tet On, Paul, Ex Parte Chung Khiaw Bank Ltd. 1 CLJ 836, High Court.
- Hong Min Lah v HTG Holdings Sdn Bhd & 3 Ors  1 LNS 49.
- Pengkalen Company Limited v Kompleks Berjaya Jelata Sdn Bhd & Anor  1 LNS 19.
- Borneo Samudera Sdn Bhd Vs Siti Rafizah Binti Mihaldin and 4 others  6 MLJ 17, Court of Appeal, Malaysia.
- Shanta Holdings Sdn Bhd v Golden Uni-Consortium Sdn Bhd  1 CLJ 87. Court of Appeal, Malaysia.
- Sabah Development Bank Berhad Vs Richcourt Sdn Bhd & Alor  MLJU 841.
- Re Mohamed Azahari Matiasan (Applicant)  2 CLJ 630, High Court, Malaysia.
- Mohamed Azahari Bin Matiasin v GBB Nandy @ Gaanesh (in his as the President of the Sabah Law Association is sued/named as the respondent in his appeal proceedings pursuant to S9(c) of the Societies Act 1996) & Anor)  5 MLJ 474 Court of Appeal Malaysia.
- Samsuri Baharuiddin & Ors v Borneo Samudera Sdn Bhd  2 CLJ 762, High Court.
- Tan Suan Kin v Evelyn June Charlie  1 LNS 898.
- Samsuri Bin Baharuddin & 813 others vs Mohamed Azahari Bin Matiasin & Anor.  3 CLJ 287, Federal Court of Malaysia.
- Naim Engineering Sdn Bhd & Anor v Pembinaan Kuantiti Sdn Bhd  MLJU 1318.
- Bachelors of Laws University of Buckingham, United Kingdom, 1982.
- Barrister the Honourable Society Lincoln Inn, United Kingdom, 1983.
- Advocate of the High Court in Sabah and Sarawak in the State of Sabah, 1984.
- Barrister and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of the Australian Capital Territory, 1990.
- Barrister of the High Court of Australia, 1990.
- Competent Toastmaster, 2001.
- Accredited mediator, 2002.
- Fellow member the of Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, United Kingdom, 2006.
- Diploma in International Commercial Arbitration, 2009.
- Certificate in Adjudication, 2012.
Jeremy is an advocate practicing in a wide variety of commercial matters including Arbitration and Mediation, Breach of Contract, Banking Disputes and Bankruptcy, Conveyancing, Landlord & Tenant, Negligence, Commercial Fraud, Civil and General Litigation.
Jeremy earned his law degree in the University of Liverpool, United Kingdom. He furthered his studies at Nottingham Law School to complete his Bar Professional Training Course (BPTC) and was called to the English and Wales Bar by the Honourable Society of Lincoln’s Inn.
Jeremy is also admitted as an Advocate and Solicitor of the Malaya Bar in Kuala Lumpur and was later admitted as an Advocate of the High Court in Sabah & Sarawak in the State of Sabah.
Jeremy has appeared before all levels of courts in Malaysia in both Malaya and Sabah. He is known for his practical approach, analytical skill and objectivity. Jeremy is fluent in Malay, Mandarin, Hakka, Cantonese and English.
- Bachelor of Laws (Hons), University of Liverpool, United Kingdom, 2012.
- Diploma in Bar Professional Training Course (BPTC), Nottingham Law School, United Kingdom, 2013.
- Barrister, Lincoln’s Inn, London, United Kingdom, 2013.
- Advocate & Solicitor of the High Court, Malaya, 2014.
- Advocate of the High Court in Sabah and Sarawak in the State of Sabah, 2017.